MARINE MONITOR SOFTWARE IMPROVES MONITORING EFFORTS
1. Managers can define ‘security zones’ and configure event-based alarms that are triggered based on vessel speed and time spent within a MPA. Managers can set these alarms to send email and text alerts so that they can prioritize time on the water.
2. The software system enables real-time views of radar data online and stores historical track data so that activity patterns can be replayed and analyzed.
3. Conservation managers can use data collected through the M2 to better focus monitoring efforts as needed, saving gasoline and other resources. By making marine resource management easier and more strategic, M2 can play a critical role in protecting MPAs and preserving biodiversity globally.
4. The M2 platform integrates with other vessel monitoring systems to gather data and hone evidence:
- Pan-tilt-zoom camera that can track and photograph targets up to 2nm offshore for better identification of targets and activities
- Automatic Identification System (AIS) receivers that can track vessels fitted with AIS transceivers that is used to collected unique identification numbers as well as transit speed, position, and course.
To utilize the M2 software, users will need to acquire specific hardware listed on the M2 Hardware Specifications page.